Frequently ask questions
- What is data recovery?
- When do you need data recovery service?
- How do you prevent data loss in the future?
- How is price determined for data recovery?
- How long will it takes for a data recovery diagnostic?
- Why do hard disk drive manufacturers authorize IntelliRecovery?
- If the hard disk drive is reformatted, can the data be recovered?
- How do you handle my important data?
- Is there any charge for an unsuccessful data recovery result?
What is data recovery?
Data recovery service is a professional technique to retrieve data from storage media caused by virus attack, application crash, physical failure of media mechanism, data cannot be accessed, accidental deletion, drive crashes from natural disasters, user error, physical media damage or file corruption.
When do you need data recovery service?
- System halts & unable to reboot or blank screen shows cursor flashing
- Reformatted hard disk drive or deleted data accidentally
- Files or folders suddenly lost
- Data storage media cannot be recognized by the system with error message
- Unusual noise coming from the hard disk drive
- Hard disk drive seems completely dead with no spinning sound
- Data or files are unreadable or corrupted
- Data or folders cannot be opened by different software
- Physically damaged to storage device by natural disaster
- Electrical power surge
- Memory chips failure
- and more
How to prevent data loss in the future?
- Back up important data frequently
- Check updated back up regularly
- Keep surrounding area clean, tidy and dust-free when using the computer
- Update anti-virus database often
How is price determined for data recovery?
We do not charge an evaluation fee (opened hard disk drive excluded). After initial diagnosis, we can provide exact price quotes (no hidden charges) on different service standards for your consideration. There are two main factors to determine the price of data recovery.
- Service standard: e.g. Priority (1-2 working days) or Standard (5-7 working days)
- Severity of damage: e.g. physical and / or logical
How long will it takes for a data recovery diagnostic?
We will take an initial diagnosis for 1 working day to address the problem of the media (physical or logical damage). We will then discuss our findings and how we can remedy the situation once your case is deemed recoverable.
Why do hard disk drive manufactures authorize IntelliRecovery?
Because of our professionalism and high success rate in the industry, all leading manufacturers authorize IntelliRecovery to open the hard disk drives without voiding the original warranty during the data recovery process. This will provide a better service to our valuable customers.
If the hard disk drive is reformatted, can the data be recovered?
Depending on the situation, most of the cases can be recovered even though you reinstalled a new operating system or reformatted the hard drive or partition.
How do you handle my important data?
We treat all data as highly confidential and will permanently erase/degauss data after each case is closed. All data recovery procedures are performed within a secure environment and every employee is under strict company policy to prevent data disclosure. Furthermore, we are willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement with our customers.
Is there any charge for an unsuccessful data recovery result?
No, but you have to bear all shipping or parts cost if needed. (Critical & Raid services excluded)
© Copyright 2001 - 2020 IntelliRecovery Int'l (Hong Kong) Limited. All rights reserved.